Ours is a name to settle upon when looking for Sesame Seeds. Located in United States, we are a distinguished Exporter and Supplier of Sesame Seeds. The Seeds that we make available are smooth, shiny, creamy white in color and are widely used in meals and bakery products. Buyers across the world can obtain the Sesames Seeds from us in the required quantity at discounted prices.
- Sesame seeds (or sesamum or benniseed) are the seeds of the tropical annual Sesamum indicum. The species has a long history of cultivation, mostly for its yield of oil. The original area of domestication of sesame is obscure but it seems likely to have first been brought into cultivation in Asia or India.The plant is usually 60 to 120cm tall and the fruit is a dehiscent capsule held close to the stem. When ripe, the capsule shatters to release a number of small seeds. The seeds are protected by a fibrous hull or skin, which may be whitish to brown or black depending on the variety. 1000 seeds weigh some 4-8g. The seeds have a high oil content of 44-60%.
- Harvest - Harvesting begins in late December and continues through July.
- Types/Varieties - There are 3 types of sesame (and these include - White, Black and Brown/Mixed sesame seeds). However only two of these are majorly produced in Nigeria and these includes;
- White/raw = Food-grade used in bakery industry. 98-100% whitest grade seeds
- Brown/mixed = primarily oil-grade
Uses : Most sesame is processed directly into oil by the grower or within the producing region, but can also be sold in various stages of processing, for various uses, such as meal, paste, confections, and bakery products.
- White Hulled Sesame Seeds
- Physical State - Seeds
- Appearance - Slightly Hard, Flat, Oval, Smooth and Shiny.
- Color - Creamy White
- Odor - Faint Nutlike, Free os Chemical, Rancid, Musty or Sour Characteristic
- Seed Count - 340-375/G
- Off Color Seeds - 200-300 / 50g
- Dark Seeds - None
- Metal - None
- Sticks & Other 150-300/ Lb
- Purity - 99.98 - 99.99% Typical
- Chemical Characteristics -
- Moisture -
- Peroxide Value -
- Protein - (N X 5.30) - 22-25%
- Oil - 48-60% Min