What is Nembutal Sodium?
- Nembutal Sodium is a barbiturate (bar-BIT-chur-ate). This medicine slows the activity of your brain and nervous system.
- Nembutal Sodium is used short-term as a sedative to treat insomnia, or to cause you to fall asleep for surgery. This medicine is also used as an emergency treatment for seizures.
- Nembutal Sodium may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
How is Nembutal Sodium given?
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use Nembutal Sodium in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Nembutal Sodium may be habit-forming. Never share this medicine with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it. Selling or giving away this medicine is against the law.
- Nembutal Sodium is injected into a muscle, or into a vein through an IV. A healthcare provider will usually give you this injection.
- You may be shown how to use Nembutal Sodium at home. Do not give yourself this medicine if you do not understand how to use the injection and properly dispose of needles, IV tubing, and other items used.
- When injected into a vein, Nembutal Sodium must be given slowly.
Nembutal Sodium side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have :
- Confusion, agitation, hallucinations;
- Weak or shallow breathing;
- Slow heart rate, weak pulse; or
- A light-headed feeling, like you might pass out.
- Drowsiness, dizziness;
- Loss of balance or coordination;
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation;
- Overactive reflexes;
- Sleep problems (insomnia), nightmares; or
- Feeling restless or excited (especially in children or older adults).
- Medicine Type : Allopathic
- Strength : 24 grams
- Pack Size : 100 ml
- Storage : Cool & Dry Place
- Form : Liquid
- 1 bottle : 12 gm
- Dosage : As per directed by doctor
- 2 bottle : 24 gm