tantalum (ta) is a dark blue-gray metal that is very heavy, ductile and hard and has high corrosion resistance. Tantalum is especially resistant to chemicals at temperatures below 150 °c and can only be dissolved with hydrofluouric acid. It has the fourth highest melting point of all metals and is able to form extremely thin and protective oxide layers for high-quality capacitors, making it an excellent material for ingot.applications:
• used in laboratory equipment.
• used as a substitute for platinum.
• used in manufacturing super alloys and electron-beam melting.
• used in metallurgical, machinery processing, glass and ceramic industries.
• used as a superalloy additive in nickel-based alloys.
• used for sputtering targets.
Dr. Abdullah Mohd
4605 Morena Blvd, San Diego, California, - 92117, United StatesView Mobile No.